Manifesting Emotional Well-Being Through Mindful Psychology: ‘Mastering Expectations’
Introduction by Dr. Neil Kobrin
Do you ever feel like life is simply passing you by or that you are surviving rather than thriving?
Do you have the experience that you are enduring life rather than enjoying life?
Well you are not alone! Countless people experience life in this way.
Many of us are simply not given the tools to experience life differently.
Now you can learn effective ways to change all that.
Consider what is preventing you from living more fully? What could you do to change the way you feel?
What can you let go of in your life that would allow you to experience life in a more loving, meaningful way?
Dr. Neil Kobrin combines the ancient wisdom of mindfulness with his vast understanding of psychology to bring you an experience created to change your life. He will to introduce you to a new paradigm he calls Mindful Psychology and teach you the tools necessary to lead a less reactive, more contented life.
Through this six week video/teleseminar online course you will engage in an interactive process that will give you an opportunity to challenge your “emotional status quo.” You will be given the tools to change the way you see the world, change your relationship with yourself and cultivate true emotional well-being.
What you will learn in this course
Session 1: Navigating Intentions
- Describe the meaning of an intention.
- Explore the influence of your “Intentions”.
- Discover the motivations behind your intentions.
- Recognize your life-long intentions.
- Identify what was influential in creating your life-long intentions.
- Discover what has stopped you from realizing these intentions.
Session 2: Acknowledging Expectations
- Describe what an expectation is and what has influenced its development.
- Discover the hidden impact of having expectations.
- Identify your immediate expectation vs your life-long expectations.
- Explore the impact of unmet expectations.
- Describe what “external validation” is and how it shapes your life.
- Discover how you delay the joy in your life with the belief that you will benefit from a future moment that will be better than this moment?
Session 3: Lowering Anxiety
- Discover what ultimately causes anxiety.
- Analyze how our initial experience of life contributes to our ability to deal with anxiety.
- Explore how your “attitude” about life contributes to anxiety.
- Investigate what makes you highly anxious.
- Discover ways to prevent an anxious response.
- Learn what you could do to put yourself in a place of calm and stillness.
Session 4: Welcoming Empathy
- Learn what empathy is and the role it plays in emotional well-being.
- Explore the relationship between empathy, feelings and your body.
- Discover how anxiety disrupts your ability to experience empathy.
- Explore the concept of “unconditional love’ and the role it has played in your life.
- Learn the impact of stress, fear and trauma on your emotional well-being.
- Discover the significance of “self-soothing” and how to develop a greater capacity to do so.
Session 5: Elevating Confidence
- Discover the role that self-confidence plays in your life.
- Discover what undermines your self-confidence.
- Explore the role your family of origin played in the development of your self-confidence.
- Describe the psychological concept of “Identification with the Aggressor” and how it might be impacting you today.
- Explore what views you inherit from your family of origin and how they impact your life today?
- Explore your value system and the current impact they have on your emotional well-being.
Session 6: Lowering Dependency
- Discover the impact of dependency on your emotional functioning.
- Explore your relationship to dependency and what contributes to this.
- Analyze what family of origin factors may have contributed to your dependency needs.
- Discuss the concept of “mitigated speech” means and how it may be playing a role in your relationships.
- Analyze the relationship between fear and dependency.
- Explore what prevents you from developing greater “self-reliance”.
What you will receive in this course
Weekly Video Course Sessions:
Each week you will receive a video in which Dr Neil presents insightful information related to the fundamentals of Mindful Psychology. Through his story telling ability these concepts come to life and can easily be understood and applied to your life experience.
Contained in each video is a Mindful Way Exercise, a guided meditation designed to allow you to experience these concepts directly while cultivating insight and compassion.
Worksheets Accompanying Each Video:
To enhance your experience Dr Neil has developed a series of questions based on the content of each video. These questions allow you to engage in self exploration and facilitate a deepening understanding of yourself and what has, and continues to, impact your life.
Through this process insights or feelings may arise that you can discuss during the live call with Dr Neil, if you so choose.
Weekly Live Calls or Previously Recorded Live Calls with Dr Neil:
Each week Dr Neil will conduct a live group call. You and your fellow course participants will have an opportunity to:
- participate in a live discussion
- ask questions about the week’s video content or related material
- process what has emerged for you.
If you miss a call or are unavailable to attend the calls don’t worry. Each Live Call will be recorded and you will have the ability to listen to them once posted.
If you missed the “live” version of the course don’t worry. You will have the ability to listen to previously recorded live calls.
Access to Other Participants through Online Forum:
Throughout the course you will be able to share your experience with your online community. Here you can post comments, ask questions or simply connect with your fellow course members. This allows you the opportunity to receive feedback, encouragement, and support, while developing new relationships.
About Dr Kobrin
Dr. Neil Kobrin, is a licensed clinical psychologist, LCSW and MFT with decades of experience in human transformation and emotional well-being. He is the bestselling author of the book Emotional Well-Being: Embracing the Gift of Life and is the founder and president of the Academy of Mindful Psychology. He is an international workshop leader in Mindfulness and Emotional Health. His workshops, attended by people from all over the world are designed to cultivate awareness, promote tranquility, and shift consciousness to advance emotional well-being.
Dr Kobrin has served as President of several professional psychology graduate schools and university, while also teaching clinical courses to graduate students as a professor. He has trained psychotherapists throughout the world and still maintains a clinical practice.
What People are Saying
Dr. Kobrin presents practical wisdom, engaging stories, and a message for me… a reminder to be more mindful around every activity, every thought, every belief, and every interaction. I’m reminded to slow down, pay more attention to what’s going on in my world and be aware of the atmosphere I create through my everyday expressions. Dr. Kobrin uses his knowledge and experience as a clinical psychologist, scientific studies, anecdotal data, wisdom from popular Hollywood movies, and an array of stories from his personal life to enliven and illustrate his messages.~ Brenda
It is clear that Dr. Kobrin has discovered that life is a gift to be embraced on a daily, even moment by moment basis. He is a masterful and engaging story teller and his message is wise and compassionate. ~Kathy
I realized that I have spent so much of my time with my head in the past or future – and worrying about stupid things. Dr Kobrin has opened my eyes to the gift of living in the moment. Now, I’m grateful for every moment I have and remembering that each day is a really truly a gift. I feel a deep sense of gratitude for all of the beautiful things in my life, things I have taken for granted. ~Heather>
Dr. Kobrin has changed the way I view myself and others around me. He uses everyday human stories, movies and television shows to really bring you to a place of understanding the idea he is conveying. ~Sharon
For anyone who cares about the true meaning of life, how to achieve inner happiness and keep it, and to do so nearly effortlessly by recognizing our own human make-up. Dr Kobrin delivers very simple tools, always at our disposal. Thank you to Dr. Kobrin for spelling it out so simply and delightfully that we are left with knowing we want it and can have it. ~Bente
I have struggled with how to incorporate mindfulness into my everyday life with peace versus frustration that I cannot seem to meditate but Dr. Kobrin breaks mindfulness down into simple, easy and quick ways that can be implemented in steps that are as easy as breathing. ~ Laura
Clinicians: Earn 12 units of Continuing Education
Psychologists, California licensed Mental Health Professionals, and Other Healthcare Professionals
Not only will this course allow professionals an opportunity for self-exploration and personal growth, but it will offer an opportunity to learn clinical techniques, interventions and practices based in Mindful Psychology. Dr Kobrin will discuss the clinical ramifications of the material that has been presented, offer specific interventions and practices to be used in the clinical setting and also respond to questions related to clinical practice.
Academy of Mindful Psychology is approved by the American Psychological Association (APA) to offer continuing education for psychologists. Academy of Mindful Psychology maintains responsibility for its programs and their content.
California: Courses offered by the Academy of Mindful Psychology can be used to fulfill continuing education requirements for MFT,LCSW,LPC,LEP.
Outside California: Mental health professionals may also be eligible to receive continuing educations credits. Check with your state agency to determine if you can use an APA approved course to satisfy your continuing education requirements.
CE Available: 12
Psychologists: Academy of Mindful Psychology is approved by the American Psychological Association (APA) to offer continuing education for psychologists. Academy of Mindful Psychology maintains responsibility for its programs and their content.
CA MFT,LCSW,LPC,LEP: Academy of Mindful Psychology is an approved provider of continuing education by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences (PCE#4709).